Monday, January 4, 2016

December 27th, 2015

Merry late Christmas everybody! I failed to even mention the blessed holiday last week. Sorry? Here in Boone we got 3 inches of snow on Thursday so we had a beautiful WHITE CHRISTMAS! My first ever. It was the best. I really like the snow, that is of course unless I have to shovel it. 
This past week we found a new investigator who actually came to church! He's on date to be baptized, but the weirdest thing is that his date is after I go home. So strange! So pray that Marco can quit smoking so he can be baptized before I leave the frozen tundra. 
When it snows a substantial bit they pile it up in the parking lots. I sent a picture of that home last year. Well, Sister Goring and I were feeling adventurous and climbed and ran and jumped all over a snow pile that was probably a good ten feet tall. It's currently dumping 12 inches outside and blowing it every which way, so one can expect more climbing, running, and jumping. 
On Thursday we had district meeting in Fort Dodge. We drove home in the aftermath of the 3 inches of snow. It was wet snow so it stuck to everything! It was on every twig and branch of the trees, on the telephone wires, and it blanketed the fields for miles. As my companion dozed off I just watched the beautiful Iowa countryside. It was a legit winter wonderland as I drove through river gorges and under huge white trees. I thought of Dieter F Uchtdorf's talk in the general women's meeting when he said  “There is enough that doesn’t go right in life, so anyone can work themselves into a puddle of pessimism and a mess of melancholy. But I know people who, even when things don’t work out, focus on the wonders and miracles of life. These folks are the happiest people I know.” The Iowa countryside blanketed and decorated with snow truly is a wonder. How grateful I am for a Father in Heaven who provides wonders for us to adore. When we recognize them it impossible for us to not feel His love and spirit. Truly His hand is in everything and we have so many reasons to rejoice!
Love y'all,
Sister Skaggs

No comments:

Post a Comment