Monday, July 6, 2015

More time in the City






So this past week I said goodbye to my dear friend Sister Forerer! I'm going to miss her a ton and a half because we had SO much fun together! There was never a dull moment in our companionship, that's for sure. Her and the other sister going home were able to stay with us the last night and we drove them to the airport bright and early on Friday morning. It was like sending my daughter off to college, into the big world!
I am still here in Des Moines and my new companion is Sister Williams! She is from Mesa, Arizona, short, and such a boss. I'm really excited to serve with her. Plus, her first name is Courtney too! It was just meant to be. 
With the new transfer here, a new companion, and many new challenges surely to come, Sister Williams and I were fortunate to receive blessings yesterday from the wonderful zone leaders. I do not remember all the words that were said but I do remember an overwhelming assurance that my testimony would sustain me through burdens and trials. The words from Helaman have come to my mind as I've tried to identify what would enable my testimony to buoy my soul in adversity, "remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, thatye must build your foundation... which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." I know that with Christ we CANNOT fall. It's impossible. We may stumble or slip or trip, but he is there to catch us. We may be tired or weary or wasted, but he will lift us. I have seen it time and time again as I have been in His service and been called His representative. A testimony of Jesus the Christ will sustain and raise us through our trials. Oh what a comfort and joy!
Love y'all,
Sister Skaggs

No comments:

Post a Comment