Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Brother Fred




This week I had a bajillion emails to read and respond to so I don't have all that much time to write this mass one.
It is beyond hot here in Des Moines! You all won't really understand but I am not exaggerating, when you walk outside it feels like you are breathing water! Just like when you open the dish washer. No joke, it's crazy!
We are teaching a lady named Miatta, from Liberia. She is SOLID! She stood up in gospel principles to bear her testimony in the middle of the lesson! We taught her about the temple and she said "oh yes! I am going there!" We're excited for her to be baptized on the 25th of this month!
This week we had to say goodbye to one of our investigators who is moving to Orlando, Keith! I taught Keith for about two months and saw him progress so much. He went from burdened down and sad to optimistic and pleasant. He understood that prayer and the scriptures could be his outlet! It was really hard to say goodbye to Keith as he thanked us for helping him change his life and strengthen his faith in Christ. But there is so much comfort in knowing that I was trusted by Father in Heaven to be a part of Keith's conversion.
I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ can change us. That the grace of God is sufficient to save, yes. But also to lift us to a higher plane. All things can and will be made right through the atonement of Jesus Christ. Many can be made right as soon as we apply the atonement. I love my Savior and Friend, Jesus the Christ. I know that he lives and oh what a joy it is to be on His errand!
Love y'all,
Sister Skaggs

PS. Brother Fred, in our ward, said in gospel principles that in his African community they call him "Joseph Smith!" Brother Fred has no shame in standing as a witness. I love Des Moines so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment