Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Apply all the awesomeness








Unfortunately I don't have much time to write. This past week was a pretty solid one here in Bettendorf. The weather cooled down and our car turned into an Easter egg of ice this morning. Not cool. 
Here are some sweet things that happened this week:
(I know, bullet points.. lame)
  • We were fed corn beef and cabbage twice this past week! It was delicious. I will have to learn how to cook on day because it should not just be served on St. Patrick's day!
  • On Thursday we had Zone Conference in Cedar Rapids (Rabids, Crapids). It was also my birthday and it was a great treat to see other elders and sisters I know as well as President and Sister Jensen. We learned so much there and it is a challenge now to apply all the awesomeness.
  • On the way from the Iowa City area as we drive east to go home there is a 10+ foot picture of Will Ferrell's head. No joke. I'm going to get a picture of it one day! The Midwest can be a totally weird  awesome sometimes. 
  • When painting nails at the Fountains Assisted Living, a resident, Marj, walked around giving out free slices of bologna. She was happy to share as the person who bought her groceries "just bought way too much!" I had two slices and it made her day. I love old people!
  • Elena came to church! She loved it and even took a nap during Relief Society. She will be baptized on April 4th and we are excited to stay close to here in these next few weeks to help her get there. 
Check out #becausehelives if you haven't already! We saw the video at Zone Conference and it was great. I have had some very sacred experiences as I have served as a representative of my Savior and Friend. I know with out a doubt that He live. He beckons. He succors. What a joy it is to know!
Love y'all,
Sister Skaggs

No comments:

Post a Comment