Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Angels

Iowa Fair Food

At a SLT meeting


This past week a member texted us and said "Sisters, I'm going to the fair to get some food. What can I get you?" Needless to say we were stoked! I had a gyro, Sister Williams had a cord dog, and the member surprised us with deep fried pineapple and a pork chop on a stick. Fair food coma is a real thing!
We also had four meetings this week (Mission Leadership Council and three Zone Training Meetings) which consisted of 19 hours of sitting, six more hours sitting in a car, five hours of planning a training, and an hour total of training missionaries. It was totally awesome and very exhausting! Astonishingly we were still able to have time to see some miracles and teach some sweet lessons!
Sylvia passed her baptismal interview and will be baptized this coming Saturday! She's quit smoking and is super excited to finally be baptized. I've been teaching Sylvia for close to five months now, so I'm pretty pumped too.
Just yesterday we had a lesson fall through and we had recent convert Janet Quam with us to be the member present. So we decided to go sit at some benches with the Janet and study Preach My Gospel. We get to the benches and there was a man sitting there, his name was Frank. He told us he was ready to give up on God and really was discouraged with the direction his life was going. We were able to testify of our Father in Heaven's love for him and invite him to be baptized. He was overjoyed and the spirit was insanely strong. He knew without a doubt that Heavenly Father loved him! Janet, the recent convert, then testified of the beauty and blessing of baptism. Frank said so many times, "No one is going to believe me, God sent angels here to me!" It was a very special experience to be a part of and I felt very humbled to know that Heavenly Father used us, two young girls and a recent convert of just seven months to comfort and bless His son who was in need. We'll be seeing Frank this week and after setting the appointment for Tuesday he said "I'll be holding y'all to that!" It's people like Frank and the experience we shared that I will never forget.
I am so grateful to be a tool in Father in Heaven's hands. This is His work and glory, and I love it!
Love y'all,
Sister Skaggs

No comments:

Post a Comment