Monday, April 13, 2015

Hola from Des Monies!


New companion, Siter Froerer.  Courtney used her skills she learned at the PCC to open the coconut.



Last week was transfers and I wound up coming here to Des Moines! My new companion is Sister Froerer (fro-er) and she is so totally cool! We laugh so hard together, she loves sports, and is a bomb missionary. I am really excited for this transfer!
I don't have much time but I'll tell y'all a little about the area and people. We live right in Des Moines, and are in the Des Moines Ward. It's pretty cool being in the big city. There's an actually freeway, with three lanes and overpasses! There are a lot of people not from America here in Des Moines. Apparently it's a hub for refugees and immigrants because I have yet to teach an investigator who is American. Africans, Burmese, and Bosnians are all over the place and they are super sweet people. Also, Sister Froerer took me to a legit Mexican market here in town and I was in heaven! Perks of being in the big city (promised land).
Alfonsio and Makara, who are from South Sudan and Eretria, were baptized on Saturday along with one of the Elder's investigators. It was such a sweet experience as Alfonsio and Makara are a young couple with two little ones and a desire to follow Jesus Christ.
I am so grateful for my call. I am a representative of Jesus the Christ and could not be happier.
Love y'all,
Sister Skaggs

No comments:

Post a Comment