Monday, February 23, 2015

100x0x0=0




At the John Deer Factory

Time for your Midwest weather update courtesy of Sister Skaggs in Bettendorf, Iowa. I seem to always start with the weather, probably because it is constantly changing, it gets me in typing mode, and it's a good way to awkwardly start a conversation. It was cold this week. One day we scurried back to our car, after 20 seconds on a door step and no answer, close to ten times. It was just so bitterly cold and the windchill took it down into negative temperatures.
We had Stake Conference this weekend and President and Sister Jensen were there. It was a great opportunity to feel the spirit and receive guidance from our leaders. This week is transfers and Sister Jensen said she won't be seeing us there. Sister Nakayu and I will be together one more transfer together and I am so happy! Things are slowly picking up with the work and I am grateful that finally I feel that I know the area and we are going in the right direction. 
Something I wanted to share real quick was what I realized in my studies this morning. I am reading in the beginning of 1 Nephi, and Nephi is just flabbergasted at his brother's lack of faith and inability to remember the Lord. So many miracles benefited Lehi's family and still Laman and Lemuel could not muster the faith to trust the Lord would deliver them yet again. They saw an angel for crying out loud! And yet they immediately murmured. I thought as I reflected on their stubbornness, "experiences do not equate to conversion." It does not matter how many amazing spiritual experiences we have if we do not couple them with faith and action. 100 Miracles x 0 Faith x 0 Action = 0 Conversion. It's as simple as that. We mus have faith, act, and remember the goodness of our Father in Heaven.
I hope y'all have a good week and stay warm.
Love y'all,
Sister Skaggs

No comments:

Post a Comment