Tuesday, February 10, 2015

hope is a good thing






This past week was pretty cool, we still have major piles of snow everywhere because of the big storm. Instead of it being pretty and white it is all black and mucky now. Definitely doesn't look like shave ice material anymore! The last few days have been in the 40s though and I didn't even wear a cardigan or nothing. I never thought 40 degrees would feel so good! It's awesome. 
We are working hard here and trying to build up our teaching pool. Key word is trying. The Sister Training Leaders from Clinton came in on Saturday for exchanges and it was so fun to work with them! I was with Sister Harmon, who is from New Mexico, and she beat boxes so good. We've got a lot of potential investigators and are trying to work with some formers but now much is going on. We just keep a smile on and have fun. How can you not when you're in the service of the Lord? 
I read Ether chapter 12 this morning in my personal study. It is pretty much the most intense chapter ever because it is packed with counsel and revelation from two amazing Book of Mormon prophets. I could babble and type a good bit if I had the time and I knew y'll would want to read my sometimes insightful scriptural finds, but I won't. Just one cool thing I learned is in verse 4. Read it! How often do we wish we glorified God to a greater degree or abounded in more good works? I do a lot. Well, hope, Christlike hope, and faith, leads to those sought after traits. We often times underestimate the power of hope. One of my favorite quotes is from the movie Shawshank Redemption. "Remember... hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." When we feel spiritually or emotionally or physically down, hope is what brings us back and elevates us. Hope enables us to abound in those good works and glorify our Father in Heaven. Hope is a good thing.
Love y'all,
Sister Skaggs

No comments:

Post a Comment